26 June 2013

2012-2013 Grand Prix, Thessaloniki

I added the crosstable for the 2013 Thessaloniki event to my page on the 2012-2013 Grand Prix (The PGN is still in process and will be added shortly.)

Thessaloniki or Thessalonica? Wikipedia says, 'Thessaloniki, also known as Thessalonica and Salonica, is the second-largest city in Greece'. How does this work on search? Google returns 'about 261,000 results' for 'chess thessaloniki', but only 'about 87,100 results' for 'chess thessalonica', even though the latter search is 'including results for chess thessaloniki'. It returns 'about 17,700 results' for 'chess salonica' without mention of 'including' anything, although the results highlight mostly 'Thessaloniki'.

The action that I gave myself for the post on 2012-2013 Grand Prix, Zug remains to be done. All in good time, but first I'll finish the PGN.

No comments: