02 June 2010

2008-2009 Grand Prix, the Players

I added the 25 players who participated in the 2008-2009 Grand Prix to the Index of Players for all World Championship events. One player, Yannick Pelletier of Switzerland, was initially slated to participate but was dropped for organizational reasons. Although I didn't include him on the 'Index of Players', I'm not sure this is consistent with other events where players were unable to participate, notably the World Championship Knockout tournaments.

FIDE has added the overall results to the official page, FIDE Grand Prix 2008-2009 - Standings (grandprix.fide.com). On that page, many of the players, e.g. Radjabov, are listed with three events played rather than four. I'm not sure why that is. The FIDE announcement, Final FIDE Grand Prix Standings (www.fide.com), shows the same but includes a spreadsheet for download. If I find the time, I'll examine it to determine the reason for the discrepancy.

No comments: