27 January 2010

Catching up on Maintenance

No one, especially me, likes doing maintenance, but once in a while it's worthwhile taking the time to get various odds and ends out of the way. I changed the following pages (listed in reverse chronological order).
  • 2010 Anand - Topalov • I brought this page up to date with the various FIDE announcements from the last quarter of 2009. The match starts in less than three months.

  • 2004-05 Unification • This had links into About.com which were broken since 2008; I converted them to Archive.org.

  • 1998-99 World Chess Council • I added a small crosstable for the 1998 Shirov - Kramnik match.

  • 1979-81 cycle : Candidates Matches • I added the months when a match was played to the description for each match.

  • Index of FIDE Events 1948-1990 • I had one of the first Interzonals listed as Stockholm and another listed as Saltsjobaden, even though both were played in Saltsjobaden. I corrected this on the index and on the pages for the two events. (While I was doing this I noticed that four of the first five Interzonals were played in Sweden.)

A few more maintenance items on my TODO list will have to wait until I can research certain details.

No comments: